As a Senior Simulation Engineer, you will be responsible for taking simulation capabilities for automated driving development and testing to the next level. You take responsibility for the simulation system’s overall design and build the system together with system engineering and developers. This includes designing and integrating software for vehicle, sensor, and environmental simulation. This software will integrate with real recorded data, to predict how the vehicle will behave in scenarios and gauge real-world performance. You will work on developing simulation tools and framework in areas related to 3D graphics rendering, physics simulations, vehicle dynamics modelling, and multi-agent systems.
Be part of an exciting start-up on the cutting edge of technology. Sensible 4 builds the software that powers the cars of the future, today. As a Senior Simulation engineer, you will be maintaining the integration between the simulation environment and Sensible 4 AD stack.
You will be part of the Quality and Safety team and you will work in close co-operation with our QA engineers, development- and integration teams. The work includes maintaining the simulation environment integrated with Sensible 4 AD stack, implementing simulation scenarios to be used in automated testing and maintaining and development of the simulation environment.
We expect you to have hands-on experience in simulation environments, preferably environments for autonomous driving systems.
- Integration of simulation environment and Sensible 4 AD stack
- Implement simulation scenarios for automated testing
- Maintain and develop simulation environment
What is expected in the role
- Coordinating with different development teams and QA developers
- Improve and maintain tools for creating simulation scenarios
- MS or PhD in computer science, engineering, maths, physics, or related field
- 3+ years experience programming and experience with simulating robotic or automotive simulators
- Excellent C++ or Python software development skills on Linux platforms
- Familiarity with state of the art ROS-compatible 3D simulation framework/packages
Key technology skills to succeed in this role
- Previous Experience in Carla simulator (or similar) proficiency
- Experience with Linux, Docker and Git
- Python experience
- Write software documentation
- Agile mindset and familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Share information and good practices
- Ability to work with complex systems and solve problems
What we consider a plus
- Carla Scenario Runner
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with OpenScenario, OpenDrive and UnrealEngine
- Previous experience in automotive industry software development
- Experience with functional safety standards compliance (ISO26262, ISO PAS 21448)
- Knowledge of SW QA methodologies, tools and processes
- CI/CD and test automation skills
What we offer
We offer you an opportunity to work with the latest autonomous vehicle technologies and develop them further. Our working hours are flexible and partially remote work within Finland is possible. You also have an opportunity to learn from our in-house experts who have decades of experience in autonomous driving technologies. We also offer an employee stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. We will fill the position once we find the right person.
Please attach your CV and a short cover letter with a salary request to your application!
Apply latest 10th of July 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Apply between 6 June 2022 and 10 July 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
About Sensible 4
Sensible 4 is an award-winning self-driving technology company developing software for last-mile vehicles that work in all weather conditions.
We believe that the future of transportation will be shared, driverless and electric, and our mission is to take this technology to the mainstream.
Founded in 2017, our team has grown from four founders to over 80 employees from 20 different countries. Our working language is English.
We take a sensible approach to self-driving, and we believe this approach will make us first in the market with Level 4 shuttles for commercial use.
Sensible 4’s headquarters are in Espoo, Finland — only a 13-minute train ride from the city centre of Helsinki.
We secured our first funding of €6 million in 2020, in our Series A round led by a Japanese VC backed by global brands such as Panasonic, Omron and Honda.
Finland is one of the safest and cleanest places on earth. With world-class free education, beautiful nature, and the happiest people in the world, it’s a great place to live. (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56457295)
The Finnish language can be hard to learn, but fear not, almost everyone in Finland speaks English which is also our working language. Our headquarters are located in Espoo, just outside of Helsinki. There are many ways to commute to our office, by train from Helsinki central railway station (13min) or buses, which stop right outside the office building or take the city bike.
We have four seasons in Finland, and even if the winter can be cold and dark, the summer days are long and light. The Helsinki metropolitan area offers both an urban city environment and is close to nature which allows you to experience both the archipelago and other outdoor activities as well as big city life.