Sensible 4 is a self-driving technology company. We develop software to make shared driverless mobility mainstream – starting with last mile vehicles that work in all weather conditions.
To support our company’s growth, we are looking for a full-time Autonomous Driving Engineer to join our Deployment team. As a part of the team, you will be working on setting up autonomous driving of our vehicles on the customer pilot sites both in Finland and abroad.
The Autonomous Driving Engineer position is for you as you enjoy getting things done and working with diverse tasks, ranging from hardware drivers and CAN bus communication to obstacle detection and positioning and localization.
As an Autonomous Driving Engineer, you are responsible for ensuring the autonomous operation of our vehicles on deployment sites. We expect you to learn the basics of the entire software stack in order to identify the potential causes of any unwanted behavior.
- Integrating software components into vehicles
- Adapting the software stack to the operation environment
- Operation of our autonomous vehicles
- Creation of technical documentation
- Creation of training material
- Analyzing the causes of any unwanted behavior
What we need from you
- Some skills in C++ and Python
- Experience in Linux
- Knowledge about ROS or other middlewares
- Degree in Computer Science, Automation, Robotics or Control
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Able to work independently
- Driver’s license (B)
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to work in direct contact with the customers
What we consider a plus
- C/C++, or other programming languages
- Octave / Matlab
- Control tuning
- CAN or other BUS communication
- Flexibility—we expect this a lot—but it also works both ways
What you get
- An opportunity to learn from the best in an amazingly creative environment
- A chance to solve challenging real-world problems and to see how your code move real robots
- Learn lots of useful skills related to SW development and robotics
- Senior engineers will also get management responsibilities
- Possibility to travel
More information: Please contact email@example.com
NOTICE: Please attach your CV and a short cover letter with a salary request to your application!
Employment type: Full-timeApply between 21 April 2022 and 10 June 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)Employment type: Full time
About Sensible 4
Sensible 4 is an award-winning self-driving technology company developing software for last-mile vehicles that work in all weather conditions.
We believe that the future of transportation will be shared, driverless and electric, and our mission is to take this technology to the mainstream. Founded in 2017, our team has grown from four founders to over 80 employees from 20 different countries. Our working language is English.
We take a sensible approach to self-driving, and we believe this approach will make us first in the market with Level 4 shuttles for commercial use.
Sensible 4’s headquarters are in Espoo, Finland — only a 13-minute train ride from the city centre of Helsinki.
We secured our first funding of €6 million in 2020, in our Series A round led by a Japanese VC backed by global brands such as Panasonic, Omron and Honda.
Finland is one of the safest and cleanest places on earth. With world-class free education, beautiful nature, and the happiest people in the world, it’s a great place to live. (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56457295)
The Finnish language can be hard to learn, but fear not, almost everyone in Finland speaks English which is also our working language. Our headquarters are located in Espoo, just outside of Helsinki. There are many ways to commute to our office, by train from Helsinki central railway station (13min) or buses, which stop right outside the office building or take the city bike.
We have four seasons in Finland, and even if the winter can be cold and dark, the summer days are long and light. The Helsinki metropolitan area offers both an urban city environment and is close to nature which allows you to experience both the archipelago and other outdoor activities as well as big city life.