Sensible 4 is a self-driving technology company. We are a Finnish scale-up on the cutting edge of a radical transformation of the automotive industry. We develop software to make shared driverless mobility mainstream – starting with last mile vehicles that work in all weather conditions.
We are now looking for multiple software engineers for the following feature teams. As a software engineer you can be starting your career or be more experienced. Your task is to design and implement different components of our autonomous driving software stack. You will be working as a part of the R&D teams that are responsible for keeping autonomous vehicles safe in all conditions and situations and operating smoothly.
- The Mission Control team makes sure that the fleet of vehicles can fulfil real world service needs and enables remote assistance of the vehicle to keep operations running in unexpected situations.
- The Positioning and Mapping team is developing our well known best-in-the-market all-weather capable positioning system. The system has already been proven itself in numerous around-the-year pilots in the hardest Scandinavian environments with centimetre level accuracy even during the thickest snow conditions. The responsibility of the team is to productize a full 3D SLAM pipeline as well as sensor fusion based a autonomous vehicle positioning system to ensure that both our vehicles as well as our customers vehicles always know where they are.
- The Future Features team is developing features across the full stack with a customer driven approach, where we will be developing prototypes incrementally to gain experience of the related feature before they are integrated as part of our core product.
Working on our solutions we need you to have a strong C++ programming background and a willingness to share your expertise with the rest of the team. In this position it is also beneficial if you enjoy solving mathematical problems and working with safety critical complex systems.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with exciting pivotal technology
- A chance to solve challenging real-world problems and to see your code move real vehicles
- Learn lots of useful skills related to SW development and autonomous vehicles
- A chance to take part in innovations/patenting
- To be able to work one month from a remote location abroad otherwise in hybrid environment
Your key responsibilities
- Design and implement software components for autonomous vehicle SW stack
- Produce high quality software that is clean, efficient and thoroughly tested
- Verify the functionality of the components in simulation and real vehicle environments
- Follow our agile development process and continuously improve the ways of work
- Create and enhance great teamwork and collaboration
What we expect from you
- Work Experience of C++ programming
- Enjoy working in a team
- Share information and good practices
- Ability to work with complex systems and solve problems
- Experience of quality assurance metrics
- Develop and apply software engineering processes
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide meaningful feedback
- Agile mindset
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. in computer science, robotics, mathematics or related field
What we consider a plus
- Previous experience in automotive industry software development
- Experience in autonomous vehicle technologies – safety critical software
- Experience with functional safety standards compliance (ISO26262, ISO PAS 21448)
- Experience developing object detection and tracking, ML algos, robots, real-time systems, ROS
- Skills in other programming languages, CUDA programming, concurrent programming
- Experience with RTOS, Linux, Docker and Git
- Knowledge of SW QA methodologies, tools and processes
- CI/CD and test automation skills
- Experience of mathematics/algorithm/positioning (for Positioning and Mapping team)
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. We will fill the positions once we find the right person. If you have more questions, please contact Team lead/Coach Heidi Rajala +358-400429955 email@example.com or
You can ask more technical information of the teamwork from Feature Owners:
- Mission Control Team, Matthieu Myrsky, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Future Features Team, Janne Luukkaa, email@example.com
- Positioning and Mapping Team, Tuomas Tiira, firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. Please send your application and CV with salary request as soon as possible, latest 31st of May.
First application date: 27 April 2022
Employment type: Full-time
- Free gym, tennis court, company van & options
About Sensible 4
Sensible 4 is an award-winning self-driving technology company developing software for last-mile vehicles that work in all weather conditions.
We believe that the future of transportation will be shared, driverless and electric, and our mission is to take this technology to the mainstream.
Founded in 2017, our team has grown from four founders to over 80 employees from 20 different countries. Our working language is English.
We take a sensible approach to self-driving, and we believe this approach will make us first in the market with Level 4 shuttles for commercial use.
Sensible 4’s headquarters are in Espoo, Finland — only a 13-minute train ride from the city centre of Helsinki.
We secured our first funding of €6 million in 2020, in our Series A round led by a Japanese VC backed by global brands such as Panasonic, Omron and Honda.
Finland is one of the safest and cleanest places on earth. With world-class free education, beautiful nature, and the happiest people in the world, it’s a great place to live. (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56457295)
The Finnish language can be hard to learn, but fear not, almost everyone in Finland speaks English which is also our working language. Our headquarters are located in Espoo, just outside of Helsinki. There are many ways to commute to our office, by train from Helsinki central railway station (13min) or buses, which stop right outside the office building or take the city bike.
We have four seasons in Finland, and even if the winter can be cold and dark, the summer days are long and light. The Helsinki metropolitan area offers both an urban city environment and is close to nature which allows you to experience both the archipelago and other outdoor activities as well as big city life.